DIY – How to Make Agate Slice Wall Hanging Art. Add some beautiful colour to your walls with this easy to make Agate Slice Wall Hang. Step-by-step tutorial to follow …Agate slices come in all sorts of (dyed) colours, shapes & sizes and they are so pretty! I’ve collected several over the last few weeks and to display them, I made this simple wall decoration. You can too! You’ll just need a few simple items.
You will need:
- Agate Slices. Various ranging from about 5cm to 8cm, with a single drilled hole.
- Clear Beading Thread. Not too thick – you’ll be making knots.
- Stick. I used a piece I found at the beach, like driftwood. Make sure it’s clean.
- Twine. A small amount for the ‘hanging’ part. Or ribbon or embroidery floss.
- Scissors. For trimming the clear thread and twine.
How to :
1. Assemble your supplies.
2. On a flat surface, position where you’d like the agate slices to fall.
3. TAKE A PHOTO! It really helps to refer back to it.
4. Knot the clear thread through the agate and tie to the stick (look at your photo).
5. Continue with all the slices, then finish with a piece of twine to hang.
Point to Note:
- I thought about painting or wrapping the stick with stripes of embroidery thread or ribbon, but decided to just leave simple, but go for it if you want lots of colour.
- I used a variety of colours, but you could try monochrome or natural shades.
- Don’t tie to the stick too tightly to start. You may need to adjust the positioning.
- This could also be used like a child’s mobile or wind chimes, just make sure they don’t ‘clink’ together too much in a windy spot, in case they break.
If you have some agate slices that you would like to display horizontally, have a look at DIY – Minimalist Modern Agate Slice Holders.